The Whistle mobile app allows you to see your pet's most recent status, activity, and location, as well as see other details and find its location.
Note: Although you can access the Whistle website on any mobile device, the app is available only for Android and iOS devices. Click here for information on using the Whistle app on an iOS device.
1. Visit the Google Play store and search for "whistle" to download our app.
2. Start the Whistle app on your Android device.
3. On the Home screen, tap Create Account.
4. On the Create a Whistle Account screen, type in your name, email and password.
Note: Your password must contain at least 8 characters.
5. Tap Continue. The Welcome screen appears.
6. On the Welcome to Whistle screen, tap Set Up a New Whistle.
7. On the Choose Device screen, tap Whistle GPS / Tagg GPS +.
8. On the Getting Started screen, tap Continue.
9. On the Enter Tracker ID screen, type in the ID shown on the back of your tracker, then tap Continue. The Create Pet Profile screen appears.
Creating your pet's profile
Whistle uses a profile to store all of your pet's details, including photos, birthday, weight and home city. You can edit this information at any time.
1. On the Create Pet Profile screen, type in your pet's name, birthday, weight.
2. Select the gender of your pet, then select your pet's type (Other or Dog).
3. If you selected Dog, select the breed of your dog.
Note: You don't need to select a breed if you selected Other Pet.
4. Select the city where your pet resides.
5. Tap Continue. The Pick a photo screen appears.
Picking a photo
Your pet has two photos in the Whistle app. The cover photo appears in the background of your timeline, and we'll select that photo now. You can also add a profile photo which appears elsewhere.
1. On the Pick a photo screen, tap Add Photo.
2. You can either select an existing photo or use your device’s camera to capture a new photo.
3. When you have selected a photo, use the grid lines to select the portion of the image you want to use.
4. Tap the Camera icon, then use the rotate buttons until you have the image you want.
4. When all changes are made, tap Save. The Set a Goal screen appears.
Setting your pet's daily goal
At this point, you can now select a goal for your pet's daily activity.
1. On the Set a goal screen, tap + and – to select the amount of time you want your pet to be active each day.
2. Tap Continue. The Set Whistle zone screen appears.
Setting your Whistle zone
The next step to set up the Whistle app is to select the zone where your pet will spend its time. If your pet leaves this zone, we will notify you.
1. On the Set Whistle zone screen, tap Continue.
2. On the next Set Whistle zone screen, the first step is to show the general location for your Whistle zone on the map. You can do this in two ways:
- Type in an address in the Address field.
- Tap the Arrow icon to select your current location
3. When the map shows the location you want, use the slider or plus / minus buttons to select the size of your Whistle zone.
Note: The outer limits of your Whistle zone can be anywhere from 35 to 500 yards away from the base station, meaning the Whistle zone can be anywhere from 70 to 1,000 yards in diameter.
4. When you've selected the size of the Whistle zone, tap Continue. The Notifications screen appears.
Selecting your notifications
We use notifications to send you various messages about your pet, including messages if they leave their Whistle zone, if they've achieved their daily activity goal, and others. You can choose to receive push notifications to your device, text messages to your cell phone, or none at all.
To allow us to send SMS notifications to your cell phone, do the following:
1. On the Whistle Notifications screen, tap the toggle beside Text message.
2. In the Phone number field that appears, type in your area code and mobile number, then tap Continue.
3. In the Verify Your Phone Number message, type in the verification code we just sent you.
4. Tap Continue. The Select a Service Plan screen appears.
Selecting your Service Plan
We offer a variety of pricing plans that range from a monthly plan to a two-year plan. Each plan shows a price per month, but the entire rate for one-year and two-year plans will be charged to your credit card.
1. In the Select a Service Plan screen, tap the pricing plan you want to choose.
2. In the Confirm service plan screen, type in your credit card number.
3. Tap Continue.
4. Tap Done. The Completion screen appears.
5. Tap Okay to see your pet's new timeline.
You’ve just finished setting up your Tagg GPS Plus! To start using it with your pet, all you need to do is attach your Tagg tracker to your pet's collar.