The Whistle mobile app, together with the Whistle Activity Monitor, allows you to track your pet's activity and health, giving you a unique window into his day.
Note: Click here for information on using the Whistle app on your Android device.
Creating a Whistle account
2. Start the Whistle app on your iOS device.
3. On the Home screen, tap Create Account.
4. On the Create Account screen, type in your name, email and password.
Note: Your password must contain at least 8 characters.
5. Tap Continue. The Welcome screen appears.
Pairing your iOS device with Whistle
Whistle uses Bluetooth to communicate with your iOS device, so the next step is to pair the two devices. Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your device before starting.
Note: If necessary, click here for information on finding your Whistle's MAC address.
1. On the Welcome screen, tap Set Up a New Whistle.
2. On the Choose Device screen, tap Whistle Activity Monitor.
3. On the Set Up Whistle screen, tap Get Started.
4. On the Pair the Whistle screen, tap Pair This Phone.
5. When instructed, press the button on the side of your Whistle until the Whistle light turns blue. Make sure the light continues to pulse blue after releasing the button.
6. When instructed by the Bluetooth animation, press your iOS device’s home button and tap Settings.
7. In the Settings app, tap Bluetooth.
8. In the Devices list, tap Whistle-XXX (your device ID). Wait for Connected to appear beside your iOS device.
Note: Shortly after connecting, the Whistle device will automatically disconnect. If Connected and then Not Connected appears beside your Whistle after you have paired it, just continue to the next step.
9. Open the Whistle app. Although the Bluetooth animation may continue to appear for 30 seconds, wait until the Whistle is Connected to Your Phone screen appears.
10. Tap Continue to Next Step. The Connect to Wi-Fi screen appears.
Setting up your Wi-Fi connection
Whistle uses Wi-Fi to sync your pet's activity data and allows you to set up multiple connections (for example, at work and at home). Now that Whistle is paired with your iOS device, it’s time to set up your Wi-Fi connection.
Note: If your Wi-Fi network is hidden, you'll need to unhide it before continuing.
1. On the Connect to Wi-Fi screen, tap Connect to Wi-Fi.
2. On the Manage Wi-Fi screen, select your network, type in your password if needed and tap Connect.
Note: If you are using a Linksys or Cisco/Linksys router, click here if you cannot connect to Wi-Fi.
3. Wait for the Whistle app to finish testing the network connection. The Whistle is Connected screen appears.
4. Tap Continue to Next Step.
Entering your pet's details
Whistle uses a profile to store all of your pet's details, including photos, birthday, weight and home city. You can edit this information at any time
1. On the Create Pet Profile screen, type in your pet's name, birthday, weight.
2. Select the gender of your pet, then select your pet's type (Other or Dog).
3. If you selected Dog, select the breed of your dog.
Note: You don't need to select a breed if you selected Other Pet.
4. Select the city where your pet resides.
5. Tap Continue. The Pick a photo screen appears.
Picking a photo
Your pet has two photos in the Whistle app. The cover photo appears in the background of your timeline, and we'll select that photo now. You can also add a profile photo which appears elsewhere.
1. On the Pick a Photo screen, tap Add Photo.
2. You can either select an existing photo or use your device’s camera to capture a new photo.
3. After you have selected a photo, use the adjust and crop controls until you have the image you want.
4. When all changes are made, tap Use. The Set a Goal screen appears.
Setting your pet's daily goal
The final step in setting up the Whistle app is to select a goal for your pet's daily activity.
1. On the Set a goal screen, tap + and – to select the amount of time you want your pet to be active each day.
2. Tap Next. The Your Pet's Profile is Done screen appears.
3. Tap Done. The Completion screen appears.
4. Tap Okay to see your pet's new timeline.
You’ve just finished setting up your Whistle GPS device! To start using Whistle with your pet, all you need to do is attach Whistle to your pet's collar.