If you want to start using a Whistle Activity Monitor that belonged to someone else, you can perform what is called a factory reset. What a factory reset does is remove all Bluetooth pairings and Wi-Fi networks from the device, and prepare the device to be added as a new Whistle. You can also perform a factory reset to delete all of your data before giving it to someone else, and doing so may even improve your battery, as each Wi-Fi connection contributes to reduced battery life.
Before starting, make sure you have your Whistle device, the Whistle charger and a computer or USB charging device ready.
Note: For more information, click here to see a video showing the factory reset process.
1. Place your Whistle in the charger, but do not plug the charger into your computer or USB charging device yet.
2. Hold down the button on the side of the device for at least 10 seconds.
3. Continue holding down the button and then plug the charger into your computer or USB charging device. The Whistle device will flash purple, then turn solid purple.
4. When the Whistle device is showing a solid purple light, release the button and then press it down again, until the device is showing solid red.
5. When the Whistle device is showing a solid red light, release the button and then press it twice in succession. The Whistle device will turn solid green, turn off automatically, then begin charging.
6. Your device is now reset. Remove it from the charger.