The Whistle mobile app works together with your Whistle Activity Monitor to identify your pet's activity and health, giving you a unique window into his day.
Note: Click here for information on using the Whistle app on your iOS device.
Creating a Whistle account
2. Start the Whistle app on your Android device.
3. On the Home screen, tap Create Account.
4. On the Create Account screen, type in your name, email and password.
Note: Your password must contain at least 8 characters.
5. Tap Continue. The Welcome screen appears.
Pairing your Android device with Whistle
Whistle uses Bluetooth to communicate with your Android device, so the next step is to pair the two devices. Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your device before starting.
Note: If necessary, click here for information on finding your Whistle's MAC address.
1. On the Welcome to Whistle screen, tap Set Up a New Whistle.
2. On the Choose Device screen, tap Whistle Activity Monitor.
3. On the Set Up Whistle screen, tap Get Started.
4. On the Pair the Whistle screen, tap Pair This Phone.
5. When instructed, press the button on the side of your Whistle until the Whistle light turns blue. Make sure the light continues to pulse blue after releasing the button.
6. Wait for your Android device to pair with and check your Whistle.
7. When the Whistle is Paired screen appears, tap Continue to Next Step.
Setting up your Wi-Fi connection
Whistle uses Wi-Fi to sync your pet's activity data and allows you to set up multiple connections (for example, at work and at home). Now that Whistle is paired with your Android device, it’s time to set up your Wi-Fi connection.
Note: If your Wi-Fi network is hidden, you'll need to unhide it before continuing.
1. On the Connect to Wi-Fi screen, tap Connect to Wi-Fi.
2. When the list of Wi-Fi networks appears, select your network.
3. When prompted, enter your password and tap Connect.
Note: If you are using a Linksys or Cisco/Linksys router, click here if you cannot connect to Wi-Fi.
4. Wait for the Whistle app to test and connect to the Wi-Fi network.
5. When The Whistle is Connected screen appears, tap Continue to Next Step.
Creating your pet's profile
1. On the Create Pet Profile screen, type in your pet's name, birthday, weight.
2. Select the gender of your pet, then select your pet's type (Other or Dog).
3. If you selected Dog, select the breed of your dog.
Note: You don't need to select a breed if you selected Other Pet.
4. Select the city where your pet resides.
5. Tap Continue. The Pick a photo screen appears.
Picking a photo
Your pet has two photos in the Whistle app. The cover photo appears in the background of your timeline, and we'll select that photo now. You can also add a profile photo which appears elsewhere.
1. On the Pick a photo screen, tap Add Photo.
2. You can either select an existing photo or use your device’s camera to capture a new photo.
3. When you have selected a photo, use the grid lines to select the portion of the image you want to use.
4. Tap the Camera icon, then use the rotate buttons until you have the image you want.
4. When all changes are made, tap Save. The Set a Goal screen appears.
Setting your pet's daily goal
The final step in setting up the Whistle app is to select a goal for your pet's daily activity.
1. On the Set a goal screen, tap + and – to select the amount of time you want your pet to be active each day.
2. Tap Next. The Your Pet's Profile is Done screen appears.
3. Tap Done. The Completion screen appears.
4. Tap Okay to see your pet's new timeline.
You’ve just finished setting up your Whistle! To start using Whistle with your pet, all you need to do is attach Whistle to your pet's collar.