Although technically your pet may have only one or two actual owners, Whistle gives you the ability to have up to six people designated as "owners". Owners can be people like loved ones, family members, pet sitters, or anyone else who wants to share in your pet's daily life.
Adding new owners is a simple two-step process where you use the Whistle app to invite the new owner, and that person accepts the invitation and pairs their Whistle app with your pet.
Inviting new owners
1. In the Whistle app, tap your pet's name in the main menu.
2. Next tap the cog icon in the top right of the pet's Timeline screen.
3. Scroll down the Profile screen and under Device Details, tap Manage Owners.
4. Next tap the Add Owners button and either select a contact from your phone's contact list by selecting the "Pick from Contacts" button or simply type in the email address of the owner you would like to invite.
6. Tap Add, then tap Done. An email will then be sent inviting the new owner.
Becoming a new owner
1. In your mobile email application, open the invitation message you received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Follow the instructions in the email to download the Whistle app and accept the invitation.
3. Follow the remaining instructions within the Whistle app to become part of the pet's daily life. The pet you are now an owner of will now appear in the main app menu.