The Whistle web app allows you to see your pet's location, read your recent notifications, and make changes to your profile or that of your pet.
1. Using any browser, visit www.whistle.com/start and click Sign up to create a new Whistle account.
Note: If you already have a Whistle account, simply type in your email address and password, then click Sign In.
2. Type in your email address, first and last names, and your password, then click Create Account.
Note: Your password must contain at least 8 characters.
3. On the Whistle app home page, in the menu, click Set Up.
4. On the Getting Started page, click Continue.
5. On the Enter your tracker ID page, type in the device ID on the back of your tracker, then click Continue. The Set up your pet's profile page appears.
Setting up your pet's profile
Whistle uses a profile to store all of your pet's details, including photos, birthday, weight, and home city. You can edit this information at any time.
1. On the Set up your pet's profile page, click the blank camera icon to select your pet's photo.
Note: You can also drag and drop the image file directly onto the page.
2. On the Drag to reposition photo page, use the drag and adjust controls until you have the image you want, then click Continue.
2. On the Set up your pet's profile page, type in your pet's name, birthday, weight.
3. Select the gender of your pet, then select your pet's type (Other Pet or Dog).
4. If you selected Dog, select the breed of your dog.
5. Select the city where your pet resides.
6. Type in the number of minutes you want your pet to be active each day.
7. Tap Continue. The Set your Whistle zone page appears.
Setting your Whistle zone
The next step is to select the area in which your pet should spend most of its time. If your pet leaves this zone, we will notify you.
1. On the Set your Whistle zone page, the first step is to show the general location for your Whistle zone on the map. You can do this in two ways:
- Type in an address in the Search field
- Click the Arrow icon to select your computer's location
2. A blue circle indicates the Whistle zone. Use the map controls to place the blue circle exactly where you want it. The center of your circle is where you will place your base station.
3. Use the slider or plus / minus buttons to select the size of your Whistle zone.
Note: The outer limits of your Whistle zone can be anywhere from 35 to 500 yards away from the base station, meaning the Whistle zone can be anywhere from 70 to 1,000 yards in diameter.
4. When you've selected the size of the Whistle zone, click Continue. The Notifications settings page appears.
Setting your notifications
We use notifications to send you various messages about your pet, including messages if they leave their Whistle zone, if they've achieved their daily activity goal, and others. If you wish, we can also send SMS notifications directly to your smartphone.
1. On the Notification settings page, click to select the toggle beside Text message.
2. Type in your area code and phone number.
3. Click Continue.
4. In the Verify your phone number page, type in the verification code we just sent to your smartphone, then click Continue. The Select a service plan page appears.
Selecting your service plan
We offer a variety of pricing plans that range from a monthly plan to a two-year plan. Each plan shows a price per month, but the entire rate for one-year and two-year plans will be charged to your credit card.
1. On the Select a service plan page, tap the pricing plan you want to choose.
2. On the Confirm service plan page, type in your credit card number, expiry date, CVV code, and zip code.
3. Tap Continue. The Set up your device page appears.
Setting up your device
This is the final step! All you need to do is plug in your base station, connect the tracker to it, and wait for a light to appear on the base station.
When all that occurs, click Continue, then wait for our site to tell you that you're good to go.
You’ve just finished setting up your Whistle GPS! To start using it with your pet, all you need to do is attach Whistle GPS to your pet's collar.