In this help article, you will learn:
- How to see the percent of time your Whistle 3 is in WiFi versus Cell/GPS.
- Your estimated battery remaining based on Whistle's current power level
- Where to change your background GPS scan rate when not connected to WiFi
- How to check which firmware version your device is running
- For more information on what affects battery life, click here.
Where can I find the Battery & Device information?
- Tap on the paw icon located in the bottom bar at the bottom of the screen. If you have more than one pet, you can switch pets from the drop down list at the top of the screen.
2. Once you have selected the paw icon and are looking at the intended pet profile, scroll down to the Battery & Device section. Make sure that you are on the Pet & Device section and not the Achievements & Stats section.
3. Tap on the arrow in the Battery & Device section. Battery Details will show you your current battery level, your battery usage in the last 24 hours, and how long your battery averages.
4. Device Details will show the percentage of time your Whistle device spent connected to WiFi (Power Save Mode) and not connected to WiFi in the past 24 hours, week, or month. You can filter the view by tapping the icon to the right of Device Details.
5. GPS Refresh Rate allows users to set how frequently the Whistle will check their pet's GPS coordinates, in the background, when their Whistle is not connected to WiFi. The more frequently your Whistle checks and communicates your pet's last known location over cellular the more battery power is required. However, if your pet spends most of their day not connected to WiFi, you need to keep close tabs on where they are every few minutes, and you are willing to charge your Whistle more frequently, you may want to set your GPS scan frequency to every 3 minutes.