Download and install the Whistle app by navigating to the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the Whistle app and you will see three options. If you already have an account with Whistle, select 'Log In'. If this is your first Whistle device you are setting up, select 'Set up Whistle'. If this is your first time with Whistle and you have been invited as an additional owner of a pet, select 'Got an invite code'.
- If you choose Log In and this is your first Whistle 3 device, you will be able to assign it to one of your current pet profiles or create a new pet. If you already have an active Whistle 3 and would like to add one to your account for either a new pet or to replace it for a current pet, you will need to navigate to the Human Stuff bottom tab (bottom far right icon) and select Add a Whistle from the list.
- You will need to have Bluetooth turned on on your iPhone, which is how we find your Whistle device when it is on the charger and plugged in.
- Setup will then take you through signing into your Wi-Fi after tapping Connect to Wi-Fi.
- A list of Wi-Fi networks near you will appear once the device has finished scanning. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password on the next screen. Your Whistle will then connect to your selected Wi-Fi network.
- The next few screens you will create your pet's profile and a human account.
- Then, you will select a subscription and enter your credit card information.
- You will set up your first safe place, typically your home, by finding it on the map and selecting its size.
- Then let us know whether you want to be notified when your pet leaves Home, and you're all set!