In this help article you will learn:
- How to customize an existing safe zone
- What we consider to be a smaller than recommended zone
Why did we change the shape of safe Places?
It is rare to find a property that is in the shape of a perfect circle. Therefore, shouldn't your pet's safe Place match the shape of your property? You "spoke," we listened and now you can set a custom safe zone.
Where to go to change the shape of your existing Places
- Select the Human Stuff bottom tab (bottom far right icon).
2. Tap 'Safe Places'.
3. Tap the Place card that you want to edit.
4. Under the map, to the right of 'Place Details' tap the edit icon.
5. Tap the green rectangle icon on the right side of the map if it's not already selected.
We also recommend switching your map view to satellite (if you haven't already) so it is easier to distinguish exactly where you want your safe zone. Tap the 'i' icon in the upper right corner of the map and this will show 3 different options for map types. 'Satellite' will optimize your map for setting a custom safe zone.
How to resize and customize your safe zone
Each point can be moved around independently by touching and dragging so the shape's borders match up with your property lines.
What qualifies as a "small" zone?
We consider the range of 12-35 meters to be a small zone radius. Sometimes when you decrease the radius of your safe zone to be smaller than how far your Wi-Fi reaches, this can result in false breach notifications. In the event that you see an increase in false breach notifications, try making your safe place radius (or the distance from the middle of your shape to each of the 4 points) slightly larger.